We hope you’re liking our fun rapid-fire segment with the renowned folks of the food & hospitality industry. This month we would like you to get in touch with the lighter side of Executive Chef Yogender Pal of Park Hyatt Hyderabad. A proficient Chef who’s been around for ages, bringing out the best of cuisines at the hotel.
- Breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast?
Breakfast for dinner
- Baked or fried?
Fried, as I make sure I burn the extra calories by running for extra 10 minutes
- Your first food memory?
Vanilla tea cake made by my Grandfather
- One piece of kitchen equipment you could not live without?
My all-purpose knife, which I can use for a variety of tasks.
- One aspect you absolutely love about your job?
Every day is a new day and it allows me to be as creative as possible. Being a chef allows me to be as experimental as possible and does not define any boundaries for me.
- One dish you love cooking and why?
I love cooking seafood because it’s a simple thing to cook and very easy to go wrong with.
- Name one guilty food pleasure.
Burger king’s Lamb whopper with tomato ketchup
- Your ideal dinner date?
- Steamed Red Snapper with Black Bean Sauce or Lamb Curry with Potatoes?
Steamed red snapper with black bean sauce
- The worst dish you ever tasted?
In one of the cafes in Bengaluru, I saw a dish which was Penne with Paneer Makhani and was ordered by one of my nieces. It was one of the worst dishes that I had ever tasted!
In conversation with Aarti David
Instagram Handle: aarti_david